Saturday, June 5, 2010

Missions

I have been called to preach the gospel to the people of houston texas, I will be preaching in the spanish language. When I first opened my call and read where I would be serving, I felt the spirit of God like I have never felt before, when i think about it now i still get that effect. I know beyond any doubt that I was called to serve there by my heavenly father himself. And although an apostle of the church helped communicate that call to me it was indeed heavenly father that made the decision. As time rounds down closer, i find that satan tries more and more to stop me from preparing, but I am working hard to fight the natural man in me, and do all that I can to prepare. I have been thinking a lot lately about my mission and I think that the only thing I will miss is spending times with my loved ones. My dad made a comment to me the other day that I don't often express my thoughts, so it is cool when i do for him to know what I think. I have been thinking about why that is, and i have reached a conclusion. I think that I am not at a point in my life where i understand myself, i'm not even sure if anyone is in a place where they understand themselves. But i am sure of one thing, and that is that god understands me perfectly, he understands every thought and feeling that goes through my head, and knows just what to do to calm my troubled soul. I realize that my mission is going to help me become a loving husband and father. And i hope that it helps me understand what i need to do to become a soul worthy of the living with my heavenly father, and my family for the rest of eternity.

1 comment:

  1. It is great to read this. We woundn't know otherwise. You are a great person. Let us know how to help you when you need it.

    ReplyDelete